Sunday, January 11, 2015

the blueprint cleanse

If you're like me, doing a cleanse is something you think about, heck - you may even talk about it, but you don't actually do it. I like eating. I don't want to drink my calories all day.

But now that Target carries the Blueprint Cleanse AND it was on sale, I figured this was the time to give it a try. The juices range from about $6-$11 each and according to BPC you should be drinking six juices a day. There's a green juice, a cashew milk juice and some other fruit juices. You can go on the actual BPC website to see which juices you should get depending on which level you want to juice at.

I went with the introductory Renovation cleanse. It includes two green juices, a pineapple juice, a spicy lemonade, a beet juice and finally a cashew milk. They advise that you eat light leading up to the cleanse to help ease your way into a day without a food. I did my best, but I didn't want to cut back on runs/spin so I definitely still ate - just cleaner.

First juice of the day:




Green juice. Eek. This was scary. I didn't know this at the time, but celery is a super overpowering flavor. And definitely one that I'm not a fan of. I choked it down, but it wasn't pretty.






The next juice was fruity - pineapple, apple mint.

I thought I was going to love this one. Don't get me wrong, it didn't taste bad. It was pleasant enough (I mean, it would've gone down a lot easier with some Malibu, but I digress)...

By the time I finished this one, I was over drinking. I felt bloaty. I was trying to drink water as well and some tea to have something warm, but I just felt full!

The next juice was another green one. I couldn't even finish it. 


My afternoon snack consisted of a spicy lemonade - lemon cayenne agave. I was surprised how good it was! Definitely not very spicy. But again, this is a lot of freaking juice. It was hard to get down because I felt so full of liquids!!

 The last clearish juice was the beet (you can see it in my cart shot above). I didn't like it.  I think the ginger was overpowering and I just didn't enjoy the flavor. But I wasn't tired or starving. But I was ready to leave work!

I saved the so-called "milk shake" of cashew milk for last (as suggested) - and I was SO excited for it. People described it as a milkshake and said it was thick and creamy and filling. Well let me tell you, those people LIED.

It tasted like a combination of chalk and milk of magnesia. It was so gross. Whoever called it a milkshake has never been to Dairy Queen. I took a few sips and declared the juice cleanse OVER. I did lose a few pounds, but probably because I peed more than I ever have in my life, so it was definitely just water weight.

If you like the flavors (and plenty do, I shared with my work friend who loved them) then this could be a great cleanse. I liked focusing not on food - but on me for the day. Not sure I'd ever want to do it for multiple days, but I am glad I tried it!

Do you juice? Which are your favorite?




No comments:

Post a Comment